Network Security Engineer
Posted on Aug 26, 2020 by Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement:A current, active TS/SCI with Polygraph security
clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball
Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond
expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts,
drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and
intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and
return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or
connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Systems Engineering Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides advanced
systems engineering and technology applications for intelligence and
information enterprises. These applications and solutions deliver enterprise
data management, data analytics, modeling and simulation, and technology
assessment capabilities that are used to create products that offer actionable
information in support of warfighters and decision makers.
Network Security Engineer I
* Support the development and maintenance of network security posture
* Analyze and troubleshoot network boundary rulesets
* Use packet analysis tools (i.e. Wireshark) to aid with the development
and analysis of boundary rulesets
* Professionally communicate development progress, alternate designs that
improve resiliency, and report testing results to the customer.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the
department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the
Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a
positive and productive work environment.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
* BS degree or higher in Engineering, or a related technical field is
required, plus 2 or more years related experience.
* Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master s Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may
be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university,
college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US
Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
* Certification in line with IAT L2: CompTIA SEC+ or CCNA-Security
* U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Current TS/SCI security clearance w/polygraph required.
* 2 years of experience working with Enterprise Security Boundary/Firewall
devices is required
* Experience working with mission customers defining security posture
requirements is desired
* Experience working with Cisco routers and switches is desired
* A self-starter approach, striving for excellence in work and innovation
in methods to keep customer s missions operational
* Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or
* May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
* Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-
Ball locations may be required.
* Travel to CONUS and OCONUS government and non-government locations may be
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access
meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Show moreShow less
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $135k Annual
$110k - $135k Annual