Software development engineer in test
Posted on Aug 25, 2020 by scrumconnect ltd
Scrumconnect Consultancy is an award-winning growing consultancy in UK who grew 28% during Covid-19. We are developing some key national services for UK - Department of Education DFE, Department of work and pensions DWP, Ministry of Justice - MOJ, Homeoffice, Passport office HMPO etc.
Location: Coventry but Initially till year-end work from home due to Covid-19
Roles and Responsibilities
SDET's professional knowledge is entirely focused on testability, robustness, and performance.
- test automation tool development and may make it for generic use.
- We are looking for a SDET with experience enhancing and extending automation tools and frameworks. Candidate will be testing software before it is released to the production environment, and building tools to improve monitoring and timely resolution of issues. Candidate will as well be enhancing the software build, deploy, and continuous integration capabilities to improve quality and development efficiency.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer or SDET
- Excellent testing skills to determine root causes of issues required
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworks
- Knowledge of performance and scalability test approaches and automation desired
- Experience with DevOps principles, tools, and processes desired
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- * 4+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies is desired
- Demonstrable experience in applying Agile testing (preferably Scrum and Kanban) methodology, skills, and techniques to projects. To confidently discuss Agile testing processes from an overall software development perspective.
- Demonstrable experience of Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and pair-testing activities. Experience of component integration testing (CIT) and system integration testing (SIT).
- Demonstrable experience of analysing and executing Risk-based and Context-driven approaches to testing, together with demonstrable experience of using Exploratory testing techniques.
- Demonstrable experience of automation testing using Agile with architecture, design and configuration of testing frameworks. Including Selenium with IDEs for C# and Java development. Also, SpecFlow; Cucumber; and other tooling.
- Demonstrable experience of MS SQL database testing skills, including validating stored procedures, jobs, and triggers.
- Demonstrable experience of data warehousing, ETL, data migration processing and data quality assurance management, testing.
- Demonstrable experience of Application Program Interface (API) testing within Agile sprints, using tools such as Postman and/or other industry recognised API testing tools.
- Demonstrable experience of accessibility testing
- Demonstrable experience of performance, scalability, and security testing of a variety of digital services, especially with Apache JMeter and OWASP top-ten security testing.
- Demonstrable experience of presenting test outcomes to technical and non-technical teams. Presenting all types of findings to a range of audiences, including Demos, Show and Tells, Retrospectives and walkthroughs.
- Demonstrable experience of producing Test Approaches and Sprint Test Plans collaboratively with the team and suppliers, in accordance with the Department's overall approach and test strategy.
- Testing certification: ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level and ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level Agile tester extension
- performance testing, automated generation of test data, etc.
- automate the acceptance test by leveraging their coding skills
- deal with end users or customers and their experiences. They already possessed engineering skills so they can also think like a developer.
- Extensive code coverage through unit testing
- Can build, deploy, run & manage the application individually
- Influence the development, program management, & design teams on technical implementation and user scenarios
A SDET must have excellent verbal and written communication skill. Testing materials like test cases, plans, test strategies, bug reports created should be easy to read and comprehend.
To become good Software Development Engineer in Test, you must have a GREAT attitude. You should able to upgrade your technical skills with the changing technologies. Your attitude should have some level of independence. So that, you can take ownership of the task allocated without too much supervision.