EFDA or Radiology Certified Dental Assistant
Posted on Aug 25, 2020 by Open Door Family Dentistry
Compensation: Competitive- Based on skills and experience
employment type: Full Time/ Part Time
Our rapidly growing privately owned and managed group of dental practices (Medford, Grants Pass and NEW in Central Point) are looking for highly motivated, friendly, energetic EFDA or radiology certified Dental Assistants to help us care for our wonderful patients. We are excited to offer this position to someone who embodies our values of Integrity, Collaboration, Positivity, Ambition, Adaptability and Kindness. We are focused on helping our patients understand the importance of their long-term oral health. We are not an OHP contracted.
- Excellent benefits package including employer paid health insurance, employee +family 100% dental coverage, PTO, flexible schedules and 401k with match.
- Various internal certifications to encourage team members to continue building their knowledge and reach their full potential.
- Growth and advancement into new positions through supported development.
- Stable hours not affected by provider vacations etc.
- Thorough orientation and on-boarding process to ensure that you have the tools to be successful with our team.
Job Duties Summary:
- Work chair-side as dentists examine and treat patients.
- Make patients as comfortable as possible in the dental chair and prepare them for treatment.
- Obtain patient dental records.
- Hand instruments and materials to dentists during procedures.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment.
- Prepare trays of instruments for dental procedures.
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
Requirements for this job are:
- Oregon EFDA or Radiology certificate OR currently in the process of completing requirements.
- A GREAT ATTITUDE
- STRONG WORK ETHIC
- A WILLINGNESS & ABILITY TO LEARN QUICKLY
- TEAMWORK ORIENTED
- FLEXIBILITY - Able to work shifts that can vary from 7am to 7pm and some Saturdays (no Sundays). If not, no need to apply.
Necessary skills include:
• EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION
• INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
• INITIATIVE AND PROBLEM SOLVING
Preferred, but not required:
- Working knowledge of Dentrix
- EFDA and Oregon X ray certified
Please apply via this listing. We look forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour