Senior Polyglot Engineer
Posted on Aug 24, 2020 by Visionaire Partners
Senior Polyglot Engineer
Incredible opportunity to join an innovative SaaS technology and services firm.
We are looking for a Senior Polyglot Engineer that will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic company with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be hands on in the code 75% of the time doing a combination of coding, design, and architecture.
You need to be a true polyglot and fluent in multiple programming languages, passionate about delivering quality software, provide technical leadership and mentoring, and comfortable with modern Front End and Back End web development conventions and frameworks.
Duties include writing requirement documents, designing future proof solutions, architecture, coding, championing improvements and innovations, developing and modifying clean RESTful micro-services and Back End applications, designing and building complex componentized applications with Front End web technologies like React, contributing to mobile development, building libraries to be leveraged across the enterprise, and developing highly scalable and quality applications.
Our main technology stack is Java, MongoDB, React, Python, Node.js, Angular, and AWS. However, due to acquisitions, we use a variety of other tools and technologies as well.
This is a direct hire position based in Buckhead. Excellent opportunity to drive innovation and make an impact at a top tier technology firm. We are working 100% remote now. Once we go back into the office (no date set yet) we offer flexible hours and telecommuting up to three days a week. We may consider assistance with relocation expenses
- 8+ years of hands on development experience in multiple languages (prefer Java, Python, Scala, and Nodejs)
- Architecture and design skills
- Must be doing hands on coding at least 50% of the time now
- Experience working with modern development technologies and frameworks like Angular, React, Node.js, and Python
- Strong database experience including NoSQL databases (prefer MongoDB)
- Extensive experience with event processing mechanisms (prefer Kafka, RabbitMQ, AWS, SNS/SQS)
- Proven track record of building SaaS enterprise grade applications from initiation to implementation
- Understanding of distributed, concurrent, and parallel systems
- Understanding of Cloud platforms technologies
- Understanding of OWASP top ten security paradigms
- SDLC methodologies
- Test Driven Development
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, ever changing technology experience
- Entrepreneur & Driver personality
- You must meet one of the below requirements regarding education and experience. You must have gone to a top tier school.
- B.S. in Computer Science with 15+ years of experience or
- M.S. in Computer Science (or related field) with 12+ years of experience or
- PhD in Computer Science (or related field) with 8+ years of experience
- Mobile development
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- Single sign on
Must be authorized to work in the U.S