Storage Engineer - Dell/NetApp/Pure/Clustering
Posted on Aug 24, 2020 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Storage Engineer - Dell/NetApp/Pure/Clustering - vacancy for a globally operating Basel based company in the financial sector.
- 5+ years' experience in implementing storage and replication across multiple sites
- Working experience in managing and troubleshooting enterprise and mid-tier storage arrays from Dell, Pure and Netapp as well as experience with implementing storage solutions for VMware, Microsoft and Linux environments
- Knowledge of clustering technologies, CIFS, NAS, Storage Virtualization, Backup-, Restore Concepts and Data Replication; Networker and Veeam desirable
- Know-how of planning and conducting Disaster Recovery Concepts, Storage and Data Architecture, Clustering technologies, Continuous Availability, Data Tiering, Cloud Storage and computing abilities
- Familiarity with storage protocols like fibre channel, NFS and iSCSI along with understanding of transport mechanism and networking technologies in converged and hyper-converged technologies
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Managing the installation, configuration and operations of storage and backup environment
- Analyzing and troubleshooting storage related issues working with cross functional teams and providing 24x7 on-call support as part of the wider team
- Planning and implementation of IT infrastructure projects in the area of storage
- Ensuring technical and organizational project responsibility in the implementation phase
- Handling different hard drive Servers
- Doing data backups in different backup and recovery suites
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health- and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.