German Speaking Unix Engineer and Application Support
Posted on Aug 24, 2020 by Experis AG
German Speaking Unix Engineer/Application Support
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions.
Overview of contract
On behalf of our client, a leading financial institution in Zürich, we are looking for a Technical Application Manager/UNIX Engineer to join the Business Application team who will take responsibility for the daily operation of various applications within the File Transfer solution and. Where necessary, to assist with projects.
- Support the file transfer solution
- Analysis and resolution of technical problems - performance/stability
- Development, expansion and migration of applications in the Unix environment
- Documentation of system environments and processes
- Optimization and automation of processes
- Interface to third party providers
- Managing application on a technical level and playing a key role in 2nd or 3rd level support in the event of problems and queries.
- 3-5 years of experience in complex IT environments
- Engineering - setup, expansion and operation of Unix systems (mainly RHEL)
- Ideally you will have experience with Middleware products such as WebLogic, Java, Apache Tomcat
- Experience in dealing with databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Basic knowledge of LAN and Firewall principles
- Good understanding of IT security processes
- Good communication skills in dealing with business and IT developers
- Fluent English and German language and writing skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your CV or if you have any questions, contact Jane Leese
We can only consider Swiss nationals or professionals possessing a valid EU passport for this engagement.