Posted on Aug 24, 2020 by Sentinel
Detailed Job title: Unix Engineer/RHEL/WebLogic/Apache Tomcat
Duration: 3 months (Likely extension throughout 2021)
Rate: 90 - 120 CHF per hour
Are you looking for a new Unix Engineer contract position?
Do you have hands-on Unix Engineering experience, Setup and operation of Unix systems with RHEL?
Sentinel are working with a global finance organisation, looking for a Unix Engineer to join their Zurich office and be responsible for the daily operation of various applications in the Unix environment
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for someone that has a strong mix of the following skills and experience:
- Good technical understanding of complex IT environments
- Experienced engineering; Setup, expansion and operation of Unix systems (mainly RHEL)
- Experience with Middleware products such as WebLogic, Java, Apache Tomcat
- Experience in dealing with databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Knowledge of LAN and Firewall principles
- Fluent English and German language and writing skills.
As the Unix Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Analysing and solving faults, ensuring and continuously improving the availability of the systems,
- Supporting project managers, application specialists and other areas.
- You will also be responsible for managing applications on a technical level and play a key role as 2nd or 3rd level support in the event of problems and inquiries
For more information please contact Keiran Baldwin