Data Center Engineer
Posted on Aug 24, 2020 by HCL GB Ltd
- Deployment, configuration, and sustenance of Servers and storage in DC racks
- Work with partner teams within DC to retrofit, fix issues
- Schedule and perform maintenance including upgrades, migrations, and decommissioning of production networks.
- Support the development, testing and integration of new Server/Storage hardware platforms
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- 6+ years of related work experience responsible for deployment, configuration of Servers/Storage platforms in large Data Center environments
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Servers and Storage hardware platforms
- Working knowledge of connectivity of Servers, Storage, network and Power supply, Battery Backup unit in large Data Center environments
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment with hands-on experience with server hardware.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver against mission critical deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced global team environments and solve problems with limited supervision.
- Ability to lift/move 30-40 pounds on a daily basis.
- 10% of travel, up to 30% based on projects.
- Working knowledge of SAS, SATA, SSD devices and Multi Host NICs
- Experience with field-based work in Data Centers, Colocation Facilities, Internet Exchanges, or Central Offices.
- Working knowledge of data center power and cooling infrastructure and critical facility operational best practices.
- Familiarity with the Linux based systems.
- Experience with Scripting and automation (Bash, Python, Perl).
Information Technology and Services