Senior Scientist, Basel
Posted on Aug 21, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Our client, a Global Swiss Pharmaceutical company based in Basel, who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking a Senior Scientist on an urgent basis for an initial 6 months with a strong likelihood for extension for their Basel site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, qualify and implement bioanalytical assays for PK, TK, PD and ADA assessment supporting various modalities such as biologics, oligonucleotides and cell and gene therapy platforms using adequate technics.
- Support other bench scientists with troubleshooting for flow cytometry and cell based assays
- Deliver high quality data within defined timelines and aligned to current industry expectations.
- Complete study sample analysis and draft the bioanalytical report in support of urgent project requests.
- Represent the bioanalytical function on project teams and present results, data interpretation, timelines etc. at project team meetings
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate new bioanalytical technologies and solutions to support challenging project requests
- Provide Bx drug substance supply support to ISRM
The successful incumbent will possess:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in biology, chemistry or biochemistry with minimum 3 years of relevant lab experience in a pharmaceutical, CRO or related industry.
- Hands-on experience with the development of flow cytometry, cell based and ligand binding assays with an understanding of a broad range of bioanalytical platforms.
- Experience managing multiple projects with competing priorities, excellent planning, organization, and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in authoring study reports and interpretation of bioanalytical data
- Strong understanding of immunoassay and good knowledge/skills in PK/PD and Immunogenicity.
- General understanding of related bioanalytical techniques, PK/PD modelling, drug metabolism, toxicology and clinical pharmacology.
- Good understanding of the drug development process.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.