Data Engineer, Zurich
Posted on Aug 21, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Our client, a Swiss Global Bank who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking a Data Engineer for an initial 6 months with a strong likelihood for extension to be based at their Zurich site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work in collaboration with business stakeholders to gather functional requirements
- Design and implement advanced data architecture (conceptual, logical and physical data models)
- Design and develop high performance data integration pipelines (ETL processes)
- Monitor ETL processes performance and advise if any necessary infrastructure changes are needed
- Perform deep data investigation to assess quality of input and output data
- Design and execute unit, integration and regression testing
- Provide documentation of design, functionalities, tests
- Provide assistance to others in topics related to data management
The successful incumbent will possess:
- Deep knowledge of Datamodelling and Database design
- Significant working experience with non-relational & relational databases (SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with Spark, or the Hadoop ecosystem and similar frameworks
- Significant working experience building complex Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes
- High proficiency in PySpark and Python
- Familiarity with Big data technologies
- Familiarity with Data Discovery and Analysis Techniques
- Ability to work in Teams in an agile setting
If the candidate possesses experience with Foundry/Palantir tools, Business Analysis, in developing and delivering Business Intelligence solutions and knowledge of Elastic Search, this would be highly advantageous.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.