Risk ManageR/Risk Assessor (Governance, Risk and Assurance)
Posted on Aug 21, 2020 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
Methods are currently working with a central government department looking for two posts for people with more defined control review and/or audit type backgrounds (Governance, Risk and Assurance):
The two roles are: Analyst, Risk & Governance and Manager, Assurance.
Contract length: 3 - 6 months
Risk and Governance resource required to support activities pertaining to the risk management approach that is being developed and implemented in line with the Agency's overarching Risk Management Framework and the Integrated Assurance Review.
The roles are primarily Risk, Control, Assurance, Testing and Governance focussed. The roles will support our activity of ensuring that the business makes appropriate consideration of the risks faced across our entire operating environment, that there are adequate controls to protect the business and the Agency, and will also support the team with regard to the quality and standard setting in the future.
- To play a key role in the development, management and improvement of processes for organisations Investment funds through their life cycle; ensuring that robust processes are in place to provide effective delivery.
- To work with colleagues in designing and implementing new end-to-end processes and activities to support emerging or transitioned-in business areas.
- Contribute to process improvement across the directorate through the identification, prioritisation and delivery of projects which may arise from system or process review - provide specialist input into such projects to ensure that the control environment remains fit for purpose, policy is applied and adhered to consistently, processes are streamlined and the borrower's experience is improved.
- To provide governance and assurance support to the Investments teams; being a key point of contact in understanding the end-to-end process(s), answering queries, identifying areas of ambiguity, non-compliance or control weakness, and escalating these for resolution as appropriate.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with investment operations or loan management activities in a similar environment
- Sound understanding of technical and commercial issues relating to development finance
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team with multiple commitments and deadlines
- Demonstrable experience in implementing improvement projects to enhance efficiency and/or performance
- Experience of delivering effective risk management, governance, compliance practices;