Posted on Aug 21, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client, a pharmaceutical company, in Basel we are looking for a Senior Scientist for a 6-months contract:
Job Title: Senior Scientist
Position in PKS (Pharmacokinetics)/Bioanalytics
* Design, develop, qualify and implement bioanalytical assays for PK, TK, PD and ADA assessment supporting various modalities such as biologics, oligonucleotides and cell and gene therapy platforms using adequate technics.
* Support other bench scientists with troubleshooting for flow cytometry and cell based assays
* Deliver high quality data within defined timelines and aligned to current industry expectations.
* Complete study sample analysis and draft the bioanalytical report in support of urgent project requests.
* Represent the bioanalytical function on project teams and present results, data interpretation, timelines etc. at project team meetings
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate new bioanalytical technologies and solutions to support challenging project requests
* Provide Bx drug substance supply support to ISRM
* M.S. or Ph.D. in biology, chemistry or biochemistry with minimum 3 years of relevant lab experience in a pharmaceutical, CRO or related industry.
* Hands-on experience with the development of flow cytometry, cell based and ligand binding assays with an understanding of a broad range of bioanalytical platforms.
* Experience managing multiple projects with competing priorities, excellent planning, organization, and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
* Demonstrated experience in authoring study reports and interpretation of bioanalytical data
* Ability to work in a team and influence decisions based on results.
* Analytical thinking, endurance and willingness to accept responsibility.
* Ability to deliver high quality results under time pressure.
* Fluent English (read, written and spoken).
* Strong understanding of immunoassay and good knowledge/skills in PK/PD and Immunogenicity.
* General understanding of related bioanalytical techniques, PK/PD modelling, drug metabolism, toxicology and clinical pharmacology.
* Good understanding of the drug development process.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills, presentation skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic matrixed working environment.