Senior Buyer for Facilities & Central Services
Posted on Aug 21, 2020 by Base 3
The senior buyer member of the Cross-category sourcing team is in charge of operational activities from different spend categories. Operational activities are performed on a rotational basis according to a pre-defined planning and based on individual skills. The objective is to ensure polyvalence in procurement operational activities.
- You have 5-7 years of experience in procurement/sourcing activities and mainly in the Facilities and Central services area of spend .
- You are sensitive to the confidentiality of information and ethics are key to you.
- You have excellent relationship management skills.
- You have strong negotiation skills.
- You are capable to work under pressure and to keep focus on the best corporate solution.
- You have a high level of ownership and you can act autonomously as an advisor in your area of expertise.
- Your written and oral English is fluent
- You have analytical skills and you are used to work in cross-functional project teams.
- You have an eye for detail and have experience in coaching several buyers in their day to day work and planning
Your role and main objectives are to:
- Manage contracts and sourcing mainly in that area through a network of suppliers in order to ensure that business objectives are met.
- Support the category managers and your peers in the selection of suppliers, the tendering process, the correspondence and the supplier administration.
- Maintain good relations with internal stakeholders (within department and within the Group) and suppliers.
- Contribute actively in building a high performing Finance and professional supply chain department that really acts as a team across all categories and disciplines.
- Collaborate with other category stakeholders and the entire procurement team to create an integrated procurement process and organization interface.
- Initiate ideas to improve overall working of category and procurement processes