Posted on Aug 21, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking an Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) Architect with solid experience and knowledge in implementing OBIEE within the enterprise. GDOT currently has OBIEE 12c installed and configured and planning to upgrade to recently release Oracle Analytics Server (OAS) 5.5.
- Candidate will be responsible for developing a strategic roadmap, project plan, technical design/architecture, and implementation guidance to successfully meet data modelling needs of business areas for GDOT business operations. Candidate will work directly with GDOT Data Architect and Enterprise Data Warehouse to design/develop the OBIEE repository under the leadership of the Team Lead.
- Candidate must have experience with 12c environments installation, configuration, upgrades, patching,Security and troubleshooting.
- Strong experience in OBIEE 12c Configuration and Administration.
- Must be able to assist with automating repetitive processes and help identify potential areas for improvement.
- Experience/Knowledge with Oracle Analytics Server (OAS) platform on Linux would be preferred. Experience troubleshooting WebLogic and OBIEE performance issues.
- Candidate must be able to lead the implementation of a best-practices design to develop data/ETL procedures for data modelling and end user ad hoc data analysis.
- Candidate must bring practical working knowledge of OBIEE to navigate Oracle Support and define solutions to overcome product constraints.
- Candidate must be capable of guiding developers and troubleshooting issues with data modelling, RPD's, reports, and answers/dashboards.
- Candidate will be expected to develop GDOT knowledge base and systems documentation to be stored within Microsoft SharePoint:
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to be detail oriented, but productive and effective. Candidate must be capable and committed to delivering results on-time/on-schedule. Candidate requires excellent leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
- The Enterprise Reporting and Analytics Team is composed of 5 report developers. Development will be focused on providing ad hoc analysis to specific business authors and rolling out reports to business consumers. Current reports utilize the enterprise data warehouse (Oracle Exadata) and connections to SQL Server 2008/2012 and Oracle 11g/12c databases.
- The team develops enterprise reports within IT applications (internal/external) and on the web. Reports serve all facets of the transportation enterprise from financials, programs/projects, human resources, to federally required reporting. The team coordinates with client, server, network, and database/data warehouse personnel to integrate supporting IT architecture. Moving forward, ad hoc analytics/dashboards, OBIA (financials, project, Human Resources, etc.), geospatial (Esri) integration, and Microsoft Office add-in integration will also be implemented.
- The position end date is set for the end of the Georgia DOT fiscal year. Georgia DOT may exercise the option to renew contracts in one year increments. Several successful developers have continued working for several years with contract extensions. However, Georgia DOT is under no obligation to extend contracts and may terminate employment at any time.
- Conducts technical review of requirements and develops enterprise strategy, architecture, and technical design for successful implementation by GDOT developers.
- Provides team leadership, facilitates communication, eliminates bottlenecks, engages other IT resources
- Provides team task assignments, oversight, and is responsible work team work products
- Responsible for developing schedules and managing report migration effort
- Responsible for translating requirements into technical design/development
- Responsible for resolving support issues, coordinating system patches, upgrades, maintenance, and other support activities as needed
- Responsible for tracking and responding to SR submitted to Oracle
- Documents systems architecture, support procedures, benchmarks performance, and improves system operation
- Designs/builds OBIEE reports and dashboards using BI Publisher, Answers and Dashboards
- Models, configures and optimizes the RPD/Universes from Data Warehouse (OLAP) and databases (OLTP)
- Develops, implements, and analyzes data cubes, ETL, data loading, dimensions, calculating data and aggregation techniques
- Design, develop, and documents OBIEE repository/metadata
- Configures Ad Hoc query and Reporting environments
- Designing geospatial reports/dashboards
- Developing MS Office based content using Oracle tools
- Assists in OBIEE administration, system maintenance, migration, patching and upgrades
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues with minimal user disruption
- Working in a team environment to develop reports and/or dashboards while working as a team member on an assigned project
- Works with business users to gather reporting/analytics requirements
- Perform unit, system and integration testing
- Manage capacity and performance requirements
- Close engagement with Enterprise Architects, Data Warehousing, Database, and Server Administration teams in collaborative design
- Provide design and development mentorship/cross-training with fellow team members
- Deliver solid, scalable, robust BI reporting/analytic solutions
- Assists in the administration and implementation of BI system security
- Prepare estimates of time for design and development
- 12+ years of OBIEE (11g & 12c) installation, configuration, upgradation, migration, administration, troubleshooting, deploying patches and performance tuning under Linux environment.
- 10+ years of experience in writing PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, etc.
- 10+ years of experience implementing large scale Siebel/Oracle OBIEE reporting solutions
- 10+ years of experience with star-schema, snowflake, FACT, and dimensional data modelling
- 10+ years of solid experience with OBIEE Answers, Dashboards, and BI Publisher
- 4 year Bachelor's degree with preferred concentration in IT, data science, or business from a university within the United States
- Demonstrated experience in designing, building, implementing, and deploying data universes/data models against Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Experience with establishing the reporting framework and supporting the self-service reporting capability
- Demonstrated experience in designing, building, implementing, and deploying enterprise reports, analytics, and dashboards
- Experience with developing and establishing development/implementation standards
- Experience with leading, guiding, and mentoring a team of report developers delivering in a rapid deployment environment
- Ability to extrapolate business requirements, practices, and procedures into design specifications
- Ability to design reports in a logical, user friendly, and easy to understand format
- Hands-on experience with MS SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 11g/12c and Oracle Exadata
- Hands-on experience with deploying/upgrading OBIEE
- Hands-on experience in configuring OBIEE data security
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high quality work product
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- High level of customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed to ensuring data accuracy and quality within reports
- Accountable for actions within OBIEE 12c production environments (DEV, TEST & PROD)
- OBIEE Certification
- Experience in Oracle Analytics, BI security and server administration
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials (PeopleSoft), and Primavera/P6 Analytics, Human Resources (Time and Labor), Kronos WFTK and Oracle Learning Management System (ELMS)
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".