Automotive Customer Support Tech
Posted on Aug 21, 2020 by Orchard Recruitment
Our Buckinghamshire-based Client are a leading design and manufacturing company within the automotive sector. Continuing to enjoy growth in demand for their products and services, they require two further Customer Support Technicians to join an established team.
NOTE: While this role would normally be based at their Buckingham office, during Covid lockdown there will be a requirement to work remotely. You will be supplied with the tools and training to do the job but must have the physical space and mindset to be able to work unsupervised from home.
Role & Person Profile
This role involves the technical support of the company's products by providing telephone, e-mail and Skype based responses to their global customer base and network of distributors.
They are looking for someone who can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and is self-motivated, able to work with the minimum of supervision, and has the ability to multi-task .
The ideal Candidate:
- Has worked in the OEM automotive or Motorsport industries and has had some experience of vehicle data analysis, vehicle testing or race data analysis/telemetry
- A clear, concise writing technique and a polite telephone manner
- Customer service experience
- Ability to demonstrate a logical approach to troubleshooting
- A positive attitude and good team working skills
- Full clean UK driving licence
- An understanding of vehicle data acquisition techniques
- Exposure to vehicle CAN and GPS technologies
- Technology testing experience
- Basic electronics knowledge