2nd Line Support Analyst
Posted on Aug 21, 2020 by N.P.A.
2nd/3rd Line Support Analyst, Application Support, Windows, PowerShell, SQL, Linux, Python, Financial/Banking
An exciting and varied role working within a Major Brokerage House. Ideal candidates will have strong Application Support experience in mixed Windows/Linux environment with some Scripting - PowerShell, Python, SQL - and a core knowledge of Databases - SQL Server/Oracle.
Whilst candidates with the right Technical Skills and no previous Financial experience will be considered preferred candidates will come from a Banking/Brokerage House or Proprietary Trading Firm with any Market Data/Trade Floor Support experience highly beneficial. Paying in the £50 to 75k region (skills dependant) + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits.
Application Support Role Overview:
- Supporting and maintaining a number of In House and 3rd Party Trading, Risk and Settlement Systems.
- Support of Business users from 1st through to 3rd Line Infrastructure Support.
- Managing vendor system upgrades and implementation.
- Creating and deploy PowerShell scripts.
- Previous Application Support (Ideally Trading Applications or Market Data Systems).
- Windows Desktop - 7/8/10.
- Shell Scripting - Ideally Powershell and SQL or Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
- Core knowledge of Databases - SQL Server, Oracle.
- Windows Server/Active Directory - 2008/12/16.
Non Essential But Highly Desirable Skills:
- Previous experience supporting Futures & Options Trading and Settlement Systems.
- Linux/Unix System Administration - RedHat, Centos, Solaris.
- Knowledge of at least one of the ISV's products - Trading Technologies, Stellar, ULLink, WebICE, Object Trading, Fidessa, ION/Patsystems, Trayport.
- Exchange Connectivity - ICE/LIFFE, Eurex, CME/CBOT, Xetra, Chi-X, LME, LSE, NYSE.
- FIX Connectivity - Client On-boarding, Support/Troubleshooting of FIX Logs/Connections.
- Other Market Data - Reuters, Bloomberg, CQG, Ateo (Teo and Lisa).
Working in a vibrant environment with the opportunity to learn expand on existing as well as learn new skills with an excellent salary and benefits to include:
- Inclusion in Personal and Company Bonus + Overtime
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing to 30 days.
- Health Care, Health and Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Cycle To Work Scheme
If you're an experienced Applications Support Analyst looking for your next opportunity to grow your knowledge/career and learn new skills then apply in strict confidence for more information.