Strategic IT Sourcing Manager
Posted on Aug 20, 2020 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Title: IT Sourcing Manager I
Location: Coppell, TX
Rate: $107K-$117K + 10% bonus
Number of Positions: 1
Years of experience: 8+
Description: This opportunity we're looking for an experienced candidate in the IT space; not on just purchasing IT, but negotiated IT contracts for product, services and solutions.
The position of Strategic Sourcing Manager 1 will lead complex, high value local, country or global level IT sourcing projects, activities & contract negotiations for various IT service and product categories that may include IT professional services, IT implementation and IT Products (Software, Hardware, Network, SaaS, IaaS), IT capital equipment and other direct or indirect requirements. This role will primarily be responsible for local or global IT category strategy development and execution, conducting strategic sourcing events and negotiating acceptable terms and conditions with Suppliers according to Client's approved processes and to mitigate risk to Client's satisfaction. The candidate will perform data analytics and work collaboratively with senior stakeholders and other Strategic Sourcing team members/leaders to meet stakeholder supply market requirements, create value, ensure process compliance and drive negotiated cost savings and avoidances. Candidate should have experience in high value/complex contract management, strategic sourcing, supplier and senior level stakeholder relationship management. This position collaborates with Strategic Sourcing, IT, Finance, Legal, various operational departments and the executive leadership to advance the company's strategic sourcing processes and strengthen our supply market solutions to meet company goals.
- Perform complex country/global data analytics to identify opportunities to drive value through improved supply market solutions.
- Develop, communicate and execute complex category sourcing strategies at a local, regional or global level.
- Plan and execute strategic sourcing events according to the client's Strategic Sourcing Processes. Track and report annualized savings according to the client's Strategic Sourcing policies and procedures.
- Provide Strategic Sourcing project leadership and support to achieve assigned country, regional and global operations initiatives and savings targets
- Track and report progress against assigned strategic sourcing and specific global cost savings initiatives. Provide support and updates to Strategic Sourcing, operational and executive leadership on emerging opportunities/risks.
- Partner with suppliers to establish volume agreements that take advantage of economies of scale and leverage the client's spend on a local/regional level.
- Work collaboratively with senior and executive stakeholders, business partners, operational leaders, and the Strategic Sourcing team to resolve problems with contract interpretation and vendor performance measurement
- Ensure that required reporting, accounting, contractual, and legal standards are maintained.
- Special projects and other associated duties to support the global Strategic Sourcing organization, as assigned
- Provide leadership to other Strategic Sourcing team members as required.
- Minimum of 8 years' indirect strategic sourcing experience in a large, global company environment.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience negotiating highly complex contract terms in a high spend, multi-country environment.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience utilizing global spend analytics to identify strategic sourcing opportunities.
- Senior/executive level stakeholder relationship management experience.
- Experience in complex or technical indirect category strategy development and execution in a high spend global environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- MBA a plus.