Product Owner Nenagh
Posted on Aug 19, 2020 by CPL Solutions
You will have a rewarding remit that will primarily include managing ongoing product transformation across all our global markets. You should enjoy working in teams as you will need to engage with product owners & managers, engineers and architects across the organisation to deliver a best in class digital experience for our customers.
Core day to day activities will include:
- Serve as the product owner in our core platform scrum team; which includes engineers, QA engineers and Scrum Master
- Maintain and effectively prioritize a large backlog by balancing and championing both business and customer needs
- Highlight product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team while being the voice of the customer.
- Write user stories, including splitting user stories and specifying acceptance criteria using Jira
- Attend sprint planning and demo meetings to give feedback on sprint achievement, as well as to scrum team
- Own the product roadmap and prioritization of new markets and features
- Drive product development, as well as plan for product releases
- Provide reports to update management and stakeholders on product development operations
- Constantly exchange ideas with product owners and other stakeholders within the organization to identify areas that require improvements
- Design product requirements, compose documentation and complete testing ensuring all components are kept up to date
- Ensure implemented product features add value to end users and increase customer satisfaction
- Identify, champion and drive forward existing process improvements
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- A passion for all things digital and payments.
Good knowledge of the Payments industry with at least 5 years experience in this industry.
- Experience working in agile cross functional teams and delivering initiatives using scrum methodology (Certified Scrum Product Owner, preferred)
- A passion for team work and collaboration (in person and virtually)
- Proven problem-solving and organizational skills
- Good analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivation and a proactive mind set
- University Degree or relevant professional qualification
- Exceptional time management and organization skills to manage multiple projects/priorities and tasks in parallel
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written; confidence to make clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions