Lead PMO (Must be Hands-on*) - Utilities Organisation
Posted on Aug 19, 2020 by Salt
Lead PMO (Must be Hands-on*) - Large Utilities Organisation - Brussels
Salary: €70,000 - €85,000 + bonus + benefits
To be successful in this role you need to be able to demonstrate:
- Hands on
- You need to have been/worked on IT based Projects
- You need to understand working in an environment where your stakeholders and both internal and external and they both have to be considered in making a decision or getting something signed off.
- Complex structure
- Different groups that need reporting
Responsibilities and tasks
- Lead the Programme Management Office (PMO).
- Coordinate all programme-level reporting: aggregate and publish inputs from financial management, project management, resource management, individual projects, etc.
- Maintain programme-wide approaches, plans, policies, and procedures.
- Gather work packages contributing to the Programme Plan.
- Manage cross-programme issues, risks and interdependencies.
- Ensure organizational readiness and sponsor commitment for deployment.
- Lead and coordinate programme communications, both internal and external.
- Identify and provide programme-wide administrative functions in order to best leverage efficiencies across the programme.
Processes in scope of responsibility:
Manage Programme Control & Administration
- Provide programme leadership, direction, and focus.
- Ensure that the programme team understands the quality management plan and processes.
- Support Head of Programme on ensuring programme and project activities align with overall programme objectives.
- Manage the control and coordination of programme-wide approaches, policies, and infrastructure functions to maximize programme performance and delivery.
- Manage the control and coordination of programme-wide approaches and infrastructure functions to ensure compliance with financial, contractual, and legal requirements.
- Report, monitor, and account for programme performance and results.
- Maintain the current programme's documentation.
- Coordinate work with other areas of the organization and operational domains.
- Provide information about programme management activities required by other areas of the organization in a timely manner.
- Perform administrative functions to support the programme management processes.
- Highly skilled and experienced in Programme and Project Management, a relevant certification is a plus
- Hands on PMO Lead experience in a large-scale IT multi-vendor, multi-site project
- Skilled in organization and time management
- Advanced oral and written communication skills. Business fluent in English mandatory (oral and written).
- Ability to work with all levels of client and internal resources
- Experienced in managing material resources, financial resources, and personnel resources
- Strong coordination, negotiation, and persuasion skills
- Pragmatic and creative problem solver
- Ability to develop and manage all aspects of the programme effort, including the plans, inter dependencies, schedule, budget, tools, and required resources
- Ability to define, implement, and maintain process guidance related to deployment
- Ability to provide leadership to meet programme milestones, deadlines and objectives
- Experience with concepts of lean and agile
- The ability to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to (see below) or call