Posted on Aug 19, 2020 by Darwin Recruitment
Privately and independently owned company working in the heart of Bern for the last 37 years. SME owned by its employees for its employees. Leaders in weather, climate, environment and IT science.
How does a SME with a focus on environmental, climate and geodata sound? Do you want to join an agile company who develop their projects and services alongside current trends and issues? Do you want to be part of a company that invests its profits in further developments and shared with employees and shareholders? Are you eager to work for a company whose most important assets are their employees?
Our client is a leading company in weather, climate environment and IT science, characterised by a high customer focus, expertise and technical competence. They have financial and professional independence which forms their basis as a neutral service provider. They value individuality and team spirit, sustainable entrepreneurship, putting the needs of their customers at the forefront of their work and environmental awareness. They provide a wide range of solutions from weather forecasts, air quality and emission maps, ice forecasts, solar energy and climate assessments, weather stations, energy yield and data management.
They are looking for a Web Designer to join their team in central Bern.
As the right person for this position, you have:
- Training in relevant fields or comparable qualification
- High demands on design. Valuing original and pragmatic implementations
- Experience in the design of web applications and technical understanding of agile approaches
- The ability to convey ideas and concepts using storyboards, mock-ups, and wireframes
- Creative flair and sense of visual design and usability
- Fluency in German and English
- Assuring the business appears modern and appealing
- Responsible for the maintenance and further development of corporate designs
- Design user friendly web applications and user interfaces as part of the web & software team
- Take on the design and creation of print templates for print products
- Located in central Bern
- Founded in 1981
- One of the most experienced service providers for weather, climate and environmental data in Europe
- Team made up of 35 scientists, engineers and computer scientists.
- Committed to environmental concerns since it was founded
- Set up one of the first wind power plants in Switzerland
- 'GreenIT' focus - web Servers are in a computing centre which is operated 100% with CO2 free hydropower
- Member of NEUE ENERGIE Bern
- Half of the electricity used by the company is supplied by their own photovoltaic system located in the office building
- Open choice of your development environment (OS, Editor/IDE)
- Quiet office space with plenty of space in company building
- Agile work environment
- Dynamic and talented team
- Working time models are flexible with above average social benefits
- 100% ownership of the company y the employees
- Profits invested in further developments with employee and shareholder involvement
If you meet the above requirements, please get in contact ASAP to discuss further.
email: (see below)
The cooperation between Darwin UK and Darwin Recruitment AG is set up to procure qualified candidates from EU to Switzerland. Darwin Recruitment AG acquires the clients and searches for candidates in the EU/UK, also through the data base of Darwin UK/Group. The contact with Swiss clients goes primarily through Darwin Recruitment AG.
The placements take place through Darwin Recruitment AG, which is in contact with the clients and candidates. Darwin Recruitment AG employs the candidates under Swiss labour law and follows the rules of the relevant Collective Labour Agreements. Darwin does not ask for a placement fee from the candidates/employees.