Senior Linux Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Aug 19, 2020 by Easton Haines Consultancy
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Linux) - Swansea - to £50,000
About the job
The Senior Linux Infrastructure Engineer will provide support and technical expertise to assist with the departmental objective of delivering and developing a stable and secure operational infrastructure service that meets business requirements. The Senior Linux Infrastructure Engineer will support the business in BAU, Project Delivery and R&D capacities following industry best practices.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring the internal Service Management System (Ivanti ISM) is used efficiently to manage service requests, incidents, problems and changes.
- Building, maintaining, troubleshooting, upgrading and developing the Linux server infrastructure
- Building, maintaining, troubleshooting, upgrading and developing the containerisation platform
- Building, maintaining, troubleshooting, upgrading or developing VMWare and storage infrastructure
- Building, maintaining, troubleshooting, upgrading or developing the backup system to ensure security and integrity of data is preserved
- Building, maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading web Proxy Servers
- Building, maintaining, troubleshooting, upgrading or developing the infrastructure monitoring platforms
- Monitoring responding and reporting on capacity management and infrastructure performance and reporting to management
- Assisting with the upkeep and maintenance of corporate Data Centres, Disaster Recovery Suites and Local server rooms across a range of geographical locations within the UK
- Building, maintaining, troubleshooting, upgrading or developing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity systems while identifying opportunities for improvement
- Strong experience as a Linux Infrastructure Engineer gained within a technical support team environment.
- RedHat Certified Engineer (or with equivalent experience) gained whilst working within a technical support team environment
A good mix of the following is desirable:
- Experience of day-to-day management and infrastructure support of over 250 Servers (physical and virtual) across multiple sites
- Excellent knowledge of deploying and supporting Linux Server Operating Systems including CentOS and RedHat
- Strong experience designing, deploying and supporting containerisation platforms and technologies (ie Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes)
- Experience of orchestrations and configuration tools such as Ansible, Puppet etc
- Experience of deploying and supporting application stacks on Linux OS eg Apache, Tomcat, Hadoop, Spark, JMS
- Elastic search
- Continuous Integration/Delivery eg Jenkins
- Knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- VMWare vSphere farm architecture and management
- F5 Load Balancers
- Good understanding of Storage and Storage Platforms
- Citrx XenApp farm with XenDesktop and externally presented Netscaler services
- Experience of Operating sysems and Anti-Virus patch management
- Strong exposure or knowledge of leveraging, integrating cloud services (ASW/Azure)
- Experience of infrastructure and application performance monitoring
- Experience of working closely with internal and external development teams in a DevOps environment.
- Working within an ITIL service management environment.
In return you will receive a salary of between £40,000 and £50,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package and a great working environment (including free parking!).
Please apply either by using the link provided or by emailing your CV direct to me. Alternatively, you can call for more information on the number shown below.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.