Ops Engineer Linux (Riskshield)
Posted on Aug 18, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Linux Engineer - Team Fraud & Cyber Security
I am looking for a skilled IT Ops engineer with a drive for continuous improvement, that is challenged by a complex application landscape. You will be working within the cross-border Tribe: Fraud & Cyber Security. They are responsible for all the authentication, authorisation and fraud services.
IT Engineers are the heart of the company. They solve some of the hardest problems. Constantly experimenting and improving. You will be working within the team which is responsible for a key component of the Fraud Management as a Service offering. As full stack Ops engineer you are part of setting up the global operations. The department is working in a DevOps manner, where Scrum/Agile method and continuous delivery practices are very important. You'll be responsible for continuity, (performance) testing, deployments and incident solving. Picking up new technologies is your forte.
What will you be doing?
- Make sure that the application is always available.
- Deploy changes/releases and produce the deliverables/evidence required by several related processes (eg IT Risk, Change Control Board)
- Automate deployments as part of the continuous delivery.
- Test the performance of web-applications and apply tuning.
- Define dependencies with other teams and translate these to user stories.
- Make sure the requirements are clear to everybody.
- Support risk procedures and processes
- Configure and maintain application and chain monitoring (Prometheus toolkit).
- Define and/or support chain, acceptance, performance, scalability and resilience testing.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile:
- You have experience in Linux (preferably RHEL) OS system administration and security, Python/Bash Scripting,
- Experience with Oracle is preferred
- You have used monitoring tooling like graphite, grafana, collectd, logstash, Kibana, Prometheus
- You might be familiar with Riskshield
- You are proficient in Ansible
- Stress-resistant with strong analytical skills Experience in an Agile/Scrum/DevOps team.
- Proficient in English (proficient in Dutch is nice to have)
- An IT related bachelor (or master) degree.
- Experience with global operations.
If this is of interest, kindly get in touch for more details. If this is not right for you, recommendations are always welcome and greatly appreciated.