Lead Automation Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Aug 17, 2020 by NES IT
Dundalk, Louth, Ireland
27 Sep 2020
Lead Automation Infrastructure Engineer - Permanent - Dundalk
The Lead Automation Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the AIS Systems Infrastructure and will support the installation, configuration, maintenance and backup/recovery of the IT Systems and Infrastructure associated with Process Automation (DeltaV), VPE (Siemens) and Lab Systems.
The Lead Automation Infrastructure Engineer will have strong LAN, HyperV, Windows Server, VMware, Citrix, AD, Domain Controls, IAM and Security experience.
Lead Automation Infrastructure Engineer Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support critical-to-manufacturing and Laboratory systems and ensure their high availability reducing or eliminating unplanned downtime
- Provide subject matter expertise in the design and implementation of new or upgraded technologies within the manufacturing and Laboratory environments
- Work closely with co-operate AIS and IT infrastructure teams to ensure continued technical alignment
- Responsibility for defining and implementing the maintenance of all manufacturing and laboratory system assets. Ensure appropriate monitoring, alerting and response to network and system issues affecting functionality and availability.
- Maintain relationships with critical suppliers, managing esculations and resolution of technical issues
- Work closely with cooperate security to manage cybersecurity for manufacturing and laboratory systems. Evaluate cooperate standards and manufacturing/laboratory specific technologies for suitability.
- Manage scheduling, implementation and reporting of preventative maintenance, OS and Application patching and upgrades on manufacturing systems network.
Lead Automation Infrastructure Engineer Essential:-
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Biotech Engineering or related computer science engineering with 5+ years experience in operations/manufacturing environment
- At least 4 years experience installing and configuring Server/Network infrastructure for Virtualised Systems solutions in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is required.
- In depth experience with regard to the physical installation of Server and Network Infrastructure
- Experience with Dell Multi-host blade systems
- Strong knowledge of virtualisation (VMWare and hyper - V) in an operational environment.
- In-depth experience with DeltaV Administration
- Experience with Backup and Recovery solutions for large virtualised server infrastructure.
- Understanding of Microsoft Licensing and Vendor package licensing
- Experience deploying and managing Server and Network monitoring tools.
- Understanding of key LAN principles in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with SQL Server and OSI Pi is a plus.
- Strong network architecture or engineering proficiencies including TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Network IDS/IPS, Active Directory, Domain Integration and Firewalls
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Experience with Thin Client Software solutions
- Experience in the preparation of method statements, safe plans of action and work permits
- Understanding of documentation, such as Hardware Design, Network Design, FAT and SAT documentation
- Knowledge of cGMP particularly as it applies to biologics manufacturing and automated systems
- Strong technical and organizational communication, coordination, and meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex problems using multiple sources of information.
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments and skilled in communication and collaboration
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.