IT Security Engineer
Posted on Aug 17, 2020 by Request Technology
*This is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a IT Security Engineer. This role is revolved around Check Point Firewalls, vulnerability analytics, and risk assessments. This person will be designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging, and administering network security products like Firewalls, Proxy, and intrusion detection systems/intrusion prevention systems. They want someone who has 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Conduct system security, vulnerability analyses, and risk assessments; identify integration issues.
- Use technical knowledge of current attacks to identify flaws and weaknesses in the composition and design of networks, remote access schemes, systems, and applications to specify solutions, verify the solutions that have been implemented, and rapidly adjust designs based on new threat and attack information as acquired.
- Provide engineering support, troubleshooting, and evaluation of preventative and detective security technologies such as:
- Malware detection, web/email content filtering, intrusion detection, and vulnerability management.
- Serve as technical and project lead on IT Security initiatives; partner with System Engineers, Application Development teams, and Architects.
- Maintain security posture by monitoring and ensuring IT Security compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conduct incident response analyses; develop and deliver training programs to team members.
- Enhance existing architecture and design through planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for team members; teaching improved processes; and mentoring team members.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging, and administering Network Security Products (Firewalls, Proxy, Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Prevention Systems, etc.).
- Minimum 5 years of experience practicing Change, Problem, and Incident management processes utilizing ITIL in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to analyze, use, and configure large enterprise networks.
- Proven crisis management skills.
- Understanding of malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management.
- Thorough understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP and web protocols (HTTP/HTTPS).
- Working knowledge of Firewall technologies.
- Fundamental knowledge of different operating systems (Sun Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc.).
- Ability to initiate and complete assignments accurately and on time, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with vendor technical support channels.
- Comprehensive understanding of the terminology, principles, and application of fault tolerance high availability and disaster recovery preparedness.
- Working knowledge of data security controls, protocols, and methods.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $135k Annual