Jr. DevOps Software
Posted on Aug 9, 2020 by Ball Corporation
Jr. DevOps Software
Company: Ball Aerospace
Fairborn, OH, US, 45432
Date: Aug 7, 2020
Job Category: Engineering/ Technical
Req. ID: 1648
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
*Contingent upon contract award to Ball Aerospace and subsequent task orders*
Engineer Associate - Junior DevOps Software
What You'll Do:
* Using a DevOps software development pipeline, create, maintain and/or improve the performance of existing software code, with duties to write and update software code and databases under contract and direction from the assigned Government Lead
* Recommend improvements to existing software programs.
* Individual shall be capable of performing the DevOps software tasks identified in the contract requirements in forming and working on Government/Contractor software coding teams
* Individual must be able to work well within an Agile development team environment under evolving priorities.
* Communicate effectively with a team.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
* BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
* Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education
* Experience working within a DevOps development pipeline or environment.
* Proven ability in writing test scripts, test driven development, in an agile software development environment, where building in automated test procedures in addition to functional code are paramount to continuous integration and continuous delivery of software preferred.
* Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders to develop user-stories in support of full-service consumer and business applications preferred.
* Use and development with common geospatial tools, data, and operating platforms preferred.
* Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
* May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
* May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
* Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Dayton