ServiceNow DevOps Engineer
Posted on Aug 8, 2020 by United healthcare Group
Enterprise Work Delivery is a ServiceNow instance for work management, workforce optimization (tracking productivity data), and service center capabilities (frontline agent support) through integration with home-grown and vendor systems. The goal of the Enterprise Work Router is to improve productivity and operational efficiency for UnitedHealthcare.
Skills Required: Problem Solving, development experience, experience troubleshooting an issue in a live IT environment
* Develop software that meets user story acceptance criteria
* Follow good practice and good craftsmanship in code and configurations
* Be able to explain how a given piece of code or a configuration works, and why
* Innovate for user experience
* Thoughtfully apply automation to improve user efficiency
* Support business partners in development and maintenance of system
* Support production users through monitoring and working incident tickets
* Attend daily standups to keep others informed of your progress and to collaborate with fellow team members
* Ensure system is securely developed for reusability and resiliency
* Ensure code and configuration support enterprise scalability
* Collaborate with architects and engineers to execute system integrations
* Review API documentation to understand how to develop integrations with given APIs or systems
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* Excellent problem-solving skills, especially initiative, adaptability and lateral thinking.
* Experience with troubleshooting issues in a live IT environment.
* Ability to quickly learn a new topic and be able to explain that topic to someone else.
* Familiarity with common coding and database concepts, including tables, columns, records, queries, keyed arrays, software design, unit vs. system test, instanced objects, client/server and SCRUM.
* Excellent communication skills, especially being complete, precise and succinct in software design, software test and code commenting.
* ServiceNow development experience OR ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software, ServiceNow, DevOps, development, engineering, keyed array, SCRUM, client/server, records, queries, IT, design, test , Boston, MA, Massachusetts
* Requisition Number
* Job Title ServiceNow DevOps Engineer
* Job Family Technology
* Business Segment Optum Technology
Job Location Information
* Boston, MA
Additional Job Detail Information
* Employee Status Regular
* Schedule Full-time
* Job Level Individual Contributor
* Shift Day Job
* Travel No
* Telecommuter Position No
* Overtime Status Exempt