Restaurant General Manager
Posted on Aug 6, 2020 by Wendys
Reading, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Design & Creative
We keep it real. It's our personality. People want to have fun … where they dine, and where they work. We see to both. Our customers adore Wendy's, and we adore them.
We get that everyone has their unique cravings. For that just-right burger. For that great new job. You know what you want, and we'll embrace that when you work here. Flexibility. Fun. The feeling that you can just be you.
At Wendy's, we're one big family. And we're expanding into the United Kingdom. Bring your real self and let's do this thing. And have some fun, too.
Restaurant General Manager
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Lead a multi-talented team. Wanna lead a team committed to bringing it every single day?
As a Wendy's GM:
• You're in charge of all people and operations for a Wendy's restaurant. Fresh food is all we do, so we count on you and your team members to do it right for our customers every day and night.
• You and your team treat customers like family. Great food, great service, great everything is what keeps them coming back.
• You show Shift Managers and Crew Members how to do it right, and make sure every shift is better than the last.
• You give and take direction like a pro. You're passionate about developing employees with the goal to maximize their contributions and future promotability.
• You ensure proper staffing levels by utilizing ongoing systems for the recruitment, development, recognition and retention of restaurant crew and management.
• You work with Human Resources to manage employee concerns at the restaurant level, ensuring expedient and appropriate resolution.
• This one's a no-brainer: you're in charge of increasing store sales and profit goals.
• Whether you started out as a Crew Member or you're coming from another foodservice organization, you believe in Wendy's and are glad to be a part of our family
What you bring to the table:
• Minimum of four years of experience leading people, even better if you did it in a foodservice environment.
• Math and English G.C.S.E. and 2 year of line operations experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage operations in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of food safety procedure and standards.
• Flexibility to work a 45-hour work week, must be able to work all day parts and days of the week.
• Must have and maintain ServSafe International certification.
You're willing and able to:
• Travel to other locations (restaurants, area office, etc.) as needed.
• Stand for long periods, bend and kneel and be able to lift 25 to 50 pounds.
• Handle weather-related moments like rain at the drive-thru, taking trash out in the summer, etc.
• Wear a headset and understand restaurant equipment from a grill to registers and computers.
We get it. We get you.
Our food isn't one size fits all and our job opportunities aren't either.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer - that means all races, religions, nationalities, genders and the LBGTQ+ community are welcome. We provide reasonable accommodations in order to enable people with disabilities to perform the essentials functions of their jobs.
Wendy's is an equal employment opportunity employer who may provide reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Wendy's® was founded in 1969 by Dave Thomas in Columbus, Ohio. Dave built his business on the premise, "Quality is our Recipe®," which remains the guidepost of the Wendy's system. Wendy's is best known for its made-to-order square hamburgers, using fresh, never frozen beef*, freshly-prepared salads, and other signature items like chili, baked potatoes and the Frosty® dessert. The Wendy's Company (Nasdaq: WEN) is committed to doing the right thing and making a positive difference in the lives of others. Today, Wendy's and its franchisees employ hundreds of thousands of people across more than 6,700 restaurants worldwide and soon will be coming to the UK! We have a vision of becoming the world's most thriving and beloved restaurant brand. For more information connect with us on Twitter and Instagram and on Facebook at