Service Desk Analyst I Atlanta, GA
Posted on Aug 2, 2020 by CRH Americas Materials
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
The role of the Service Desk Analyst I is to provide first level support by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving IT incidents and Service Requests. In addition, the Tier I Analyst will answer and resolve Service Desk calls and follow documented procedures on break / fix or supporting an application with CRH. The Analyst will gather and analyze information about the user's issue to resolve their problem or complete their service request providing the best possible customer experience. The Tier 1 Analyst is the first point of contact at the Service Desk and will escalate to Tier II when applicable.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Effectively handles individual software, hardware and connectivity problems and service requests from call-in through resolution, practicing total contact ownership.
- Responds to inquiries and service requests for assistance with the organizations computer system or PC's via Phone and E-mail queues.
- Identifies problems, troubleshoots and provides 1st level technical support for customers for the following: Windows 7 and 10, Office 2010 through 2016, Office 365, IE9 and above, Hardware/Software conflicts, remote support via remote control tool, VPN connectivity and/or administration, Network connectivity.
- Troubleshooting mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android Handheld connectivity and synchronization, among other devices
- Escalates and coordinates with 2nd level support to resolve problems if necessary.
- Assists peers with troubleshooting, service desk processes and procedures.
- Maintains ticket queues by actively communicating with customers and peers.
- Responsible for meeting Service Desk Service Level Agreement and metrics.
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times while representing the company
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in Information Technology or equivalent, or 3 years of experience working in a similar IT support role a plus
- 2-3 years of experience handling customer technical support calls preferred
- Strong Customer Service Skills required
- Experience with IOS and Android OS required
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, Office 2010/2013/2016 Suite, Mobile devices, VPN, and Networking - Proxy Settings, Routers, Internet Modems, Ethernet
- A+ preferred
- ITIL Foundations and HDI certification a plus
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Report to the office dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Ability to effectively explain technical information to people with less technical knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently by effectively leveraging resources.
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and provide quality troubleshooting and service quickly.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate (verbal and written) with people with a wide range of skills, experience, cultures and capabilities.
- Ability to resolve issues under pressure.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours, including some weekends and holidays.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.