Posted on Aug 2, 2020 by eHealth Inc
Get your career started at eHealth
eHealthInsurance has many exciting career opportunities in a number of
locations, across various functions. Come join us today!
eHealth, Inc. is the parent company of eHealthInsurance Services Inc., and is
headquartered in Mountain View, California with a marketing office in San
Francisco, California. Founded in 1997, eHealth was responsible for the
nation s first online sale of a health insurance policy. With over 3 millio
sold members, eHealthInsurance is the leading online source of health insurance
for individuals, families and small businesses.
eHealthInsurance presents complex health insurance information in an objective,
user-friendly format, enabling the research, analysis, comparison and purchase
of health insurance products that best meet consumers' needs. Licensed to
market and sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia
eHealthInsurance has developed partnerships with more than 180 health insurance
companies, offering more than 10,000 health insurance products online.
We are looking for a highly motivated and a passionate Software Engineer in our
Carrier Integration Engineering team to support and help support existing and
build next generation integration platforms. You should have technical
background and experience in requirement gathering, design, development, and
testing and cross-functional team communications. You will support and build
mission critical, high availability, fault tolerant and secure connections and
interfaces to exchange membership data with insurance providers and payment
data with payment gateway providers. You should be solution-centric, results-
oriented, and experienced in agile development methodology. You are ambitious,
talented, and driven to make the team and project successful. You should have
excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Type: Full Time Regular, located in Austin, TX
* Write code to support existing and new feature development.
* Work with product managers, internal and external partners to gather and
learn requirements and help those translate into technical specifications
* Partners Champion- You will be eHealth s Carrier Integration platform
expert while leading technical discussions, implementing projects and
providing necessary production support.
* Write quality code and meaningful unit test cases.
* 2+ years of industry experience in software application development and
* Excellent team player who is willing to work with global cross-functional
* Self-motivated, Can do attitude and ability to work with minimal
* Loves to produce meaningful and quality code and documentation.
* Good understanding of software development life cycle and AGILE
* Excellent programming skills, understanding of data structures,
algorithms and design patterns.
* Experience in data integration using different protocols (http/s, sFTP,
* Experience in data transformation to/from XML, JSON, flatfiles. EDI 834
is a plus.
* Experience in design and development of SOAP, RESTful Webservices and
* Development experience in open source and Java technologies including
Spring, Springboot, CXF, Google Guice, Mybatis, Jersey, Hibernate,
Struts, JSP, HtmlUnit.
* Working experience with Java development IDEs (Eclipse, Intelij),
versioning control systems (GIT, svn etc.), JIRA, SOAPUI, Postman.
* Working knowledge with AWS is a plus
* Experience with Docker Containers, Microservice development using Docker,
Kubernetes on AWS is plus
* Experience writing documentation using WIKI, Confluence, Sharepoint is a
* Experience with relational databases (MySql/Oracle), data retrieval from
relation databases and document-based databases (MongoDB knowledge a
* Experience with data routing, integrations and transformation tools like
Apache NiFi, Streamsets, Altova Mapforce, Informatica is a plus.
* Working experience with security standards is a plus.
* Experience in HIPAA standards like ANSI 834, 820 is a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
eHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to
provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any
discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, protected
veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal,
state or local laws. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to
treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are interested in applying for employment with eHealth and need special
assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact us at:
Show moreShow less
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.