Content/Technical Writer (Platform Knowledge Base)
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Overview: Responsible for creating and maintaining our high-quality Knowledge Base content for technical and non-technical audiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a start-up environment and developing a Knowledge base management process including the writing and management of information within Salesforce. You will have an important role in developing from the ground-up a well-written, optimized, and a brand-fitted Knowledge Base that helps our customers understand how to use our product and how our product adds value to their life. The Knowledge Base will be kept in a centralized hub where both our end-users and internal team can access information within seconds.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical writer in technical documentation, platform technology solutions, and writing for multiple end-users.
- 3+ years of experience building and organizing the structure hierarchy of a technology platform software Knowledge Base from ground-up.
- Experience building a knowledge base within Salesforce
- Experience writing and maintaining numerous documents including release notes, online help documentation, API documentation, training guides, and video documentation.
- Experience working on technical content for developers, company employees, and multiple end-users.
- Understands instructional design principles is preferable.
- Familiar with platform technology and subjects including project management, time management, 3rd party integrations and education/homeschool.
- Proven track record of creating authentic, ROI-positive content that increases engagement and drives user adoption.
- Adept in search algorithms, synonym groups, SEO keywords, topics articles, data categories.
- Developed policies and procedures that increase efficiency.
- Developed well thought out plans that provide structure to the organization.
- Develop a structured online Knowledge Base that supports our internal team, our end-users, and third-party partners.
- Collaborate with internal team members in putting together onboarding processes for new and existing end-users and third-party partners.
- Write content for FAQ's, step-by-step process guides, video demonstrations, glossaries, and definition lists.
- Simplify complicated topics into step-by step solutions that people can follow.
- Create content that is concise, trustworthy, effective, and visually engaging.
- Develop and maintain consistency of article structure, tone, and voice throughout the Knowledge Base.
- Put together a systematic process of amassing large amounts of knowledge and content to be organized and easily accessed now and in the future.
- Actively asks questions, listens to user questions, and develops plans of how to help and support our end-users.
- Study and utilize mock-ups, prototypes, and platform technology to produce high-quality technical documentation.