Senior Java Developer
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client we are looking for a Senior Java Developer for a 12 months contract (extension possible) in Zurich Switzerland.
You'll be working in the Group Compliance Risk and Governance (GCRG) IT team based in Zurich, Switzerland. In recent years, regulatory requirements for firms in the financial services industry have become more comprehensive and complex. Litigations are continuously on the rise, violations are being vigorously investigated and a number of firms have faced highly publicized and expensive sanctions.
Our role is to design and implement innovative IT solutions that ensure these complex regulatory requirements are tracked through to solution as well as provide any information necessary to stakeholders to ensure all requirements are ultimately satisfied. We are a global IT team with locations in the US, UK, Switzerland and India while supporting internal clients throughout the world.
Your experience and skills:
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good knowledge and hand on experience Java/J2EE based application.
- Experience working on different J2EE frameworks
- Good experience on Application/Web Servers. WebSphere/Tomcat preferred.
- Experience on build/Integration tools like Maven, Gradle, and Ant.
- Experience on relational databases preferably with Oracle.
- Knowledge on building API or extension around 3rd party (OOTB) products.
- Basic knowledge on Shell & Perl Scripting.
- Experience working in a highly regulated global environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
- Project experience in Operational Risk area would be a plus
- Analytical skilled person who manages to cope with complex challenges in software engineering
- A self-reliant person and motivated to overcome any obstacle.
- Willing to go the extra mile.
- Experienced in large organizations working with globally spread teams
- Knowledgeable of banking products