Facilities and Maintenance Associate
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Hubbard Public Library
Hubbard Public Library seeks an energetic, collaborative individual to join our team.
Submit resume and 3 references to:
Lorena Hegedus, Director
436 West Liberty Street | Hubbard, OH | 44425
Part Time - 20 hours per week. Regular duties plus on call for emergencies and special assignments. Work may include evening and/or weekend hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuously inspects the building and grounds, reporting to the Library Director any needed major or minor repairs.
- Completes quarterly external building inspection reports in March, June, September, and December annually.
- Maintains neat appearance of building and grounds, keeping library grounds and outdoor trash containers free of trash and debris.
- On call for minor repairs, power outages, miscellaneous maintenance, emergencies, furniture and equipment assembly and / or moving.
- Spot cleans floors, carpets, and walls as needed.
- Makes visual checks on all HVAC units (inside and outside the building), reporting problems to Library Director. Oversees scheduled HVAC maintenance.
- Keeps auditorium exit hallway clean.
- Cleans lint from hand dryers in restrooms annually.
- Unlocks the building and monitors contractors when the library is closed, being sure that the building is locked and secure when they leave.
- Cleans windows three times per year - March, June, September.
- Keeps sidewalks (library walks and sidewalk in front of library) shoveled during winter. Maintains supply of ice melter.
- Unlocks the auditorium for before and after-hours programs. Checks the room and locks up.
- Sets up meeting room as requested for programs.
- Responsible for lawn mowing and maintenance. Maintains all equipment in good working condition.
- Spring and fall cleanup, pruning, trimming, weeding, and mulching of landscaping. Landscape maintenance (includes mini-park and courtyard) - pull weeds, trim shrubs, water plants.
- Maintains indoor and outdoor lighting. Replaces bulbs and ballasts as necessary and maintains supply of replacement bulbs and ballasts by requisitioning supplies as needed.
- Adjust timing for outside lighting as necessary. Checks function of emergency lighting twice a year (at time change).
- Raises, lowers, and replaces flag as necessary.
- Delivers newspapers, magazines and cardboard to recycling center.Delivers hazardous materials to recycling center at least once per year.
- Updates all library clocks and changes batteries at each time change.
- Keeps rain gutters free of debris, cleaning twice each year, spring and fall. Keeps roof and gutters free of debris - checking roof for damage or debris after storms or high winds.
- Pours water in sewers once per month.
- Installs and removes speed bumps in library entrance drive: remove in late fall for snow plowing, reinstall in spring.
- Communicates with Hubbard School band during football season to tape off grass for no parking and set up cones for band truck parking.
- Maintains sensory garden waterfall.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Library Director.
- Stamina for physical work such as moving furniture and equipment, lifting work materials, operating lawn mower and snow blower, climbing stairs and ladders, etc.
- Should be able to lift and carry a 50-pound load.
- Flexibility for bending, lifting, and reaching.
- Must be able to work some hours when the building is not open to the public.
- Should be able to travel to respond to emergency calls and to obtain needed repair parts.