Trading System Engineer/DevOps
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Trading System Engineer. The main responsibilities and skills for this role are revolved around system administration, network troubleshooting, database tuning, development, release management, and performance engineering. This role will be consistently maintaining and perfecting the clients trading systems. The client is expecting this engineer to have experience with monitoring applications such as Docker and having expert knowledge of Python and Bash Scripting. They would like someone out of a similar trading industry environment.
- Qualifications in Computer Science, IT Engineering, or Technology. Previous experience within financial services preferred but not required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Linux operating system.
- Experience with deploying, running and monitoring applications (experience with Docker a plus).
- Excellent command of Python and/or Bash Scripting.
- Experience and/or desire to utilize Big Data technologies.
- DevOps focused mindset.
- Broad experience across Mongo, MySQL, Java, and Puppet is beneficial but not a prerequisite.
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time thereby ensuring high availability and performance of our trading platform.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to our trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations, quick time to market for new features and software.
- Contribute towards improving the trading strategy as well as the trading infrastructure.
- Translate trading requests into concrete technical requirements, work with various focus teams in our organizations towards generating innovative and scalable solutions and finally implement those solutions to continuously enhance our systems and processes.