Trading DevOps Systems Engineer
Posted on Jul 29, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Global Trading Firm is currently seeking a Trading DevOps Systems Engineer. Candidate will play a critical role in maintaining the trading systems, and will be part of highly experienced team, facing the daily challenge of managing a critical, high volume data flow in a complex trading environment distributed over a high speed data infrastructure. In this role you will be exposed to many technical and trading challenges while ensuring high availability, stability and performance of the end-to-end environment.
- Qualifications in Computer Science, IT Engineering, or Technology. Previous experience within financial services preferred but not required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Linux operating system.
- Experience with deploying, running and monitoring applications (experience with Docker a plus).
- Excellent command of Python and/or Bash Scripting.
- Experience and/or desire to utilize Big Data technologies.
- DevOps focused mindset.
- Broad experience across Mongo, MySQL, Java, and Puppet is beneficial but not a prerequisite.
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time thereby ensuring high availability and performance of our trading platform.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to our trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations, quick time to market for new features and software.
- Contribute towards improving the trading strategy as well as the trading infrastructure.
- Translate trading requests into concrete technical requirements, work with various focus teams in our organizations towards generating innovative and scalable solutions and finally implement those solutions to continuously enhance our systems and processes.