Posted on Jul 29, 2020 by Heinzerling Foundation
We are looking for compassionate and dedicated caregivers to join our team! Are you passionate about caring for others? Do you find joy in engaging with people, supporting and encouraging them?
About our Organization
We are the Heinzerling Community, and we provide compassionate, respectful care to children and adults with developmental disabilities. We offer a wide range of services in a residential setting to support and care for children and adults with severe or profound developmental disabilities. We work to create a nurturing environment in which every resident has opportunities to learn, to have fun, to feel safe, and to make choices about what happens in their lives. Our dedicated staff is well-trained to provide the expertise, assistance, and support needed to help residents enjoy experiences where they live and in the community.
The Tray Line/Dish Machine Operator is primarily responsible for the preparation of all food for residents, according to prescribed textures and portion sizes. In addition, he/she is responsible for keeping all kitchen equipment and the work area clean. This may include preparing, operating and emptying the dish machine; washing pots and pans, and storing supplies. All kitchen equipment must be operated safely at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares resident trays according to prescribed textures and portion sizes
- Follows diet requirements during food preparation and set-up of resident meals/G-tube feedings
- Maintain proper food temperature
- Records resident meal tallies
- Complete substitution list as required
- Wash dishes
- Unload food trucks and stock accordingly
- Delivers and picks up food, drinks, snacks to residents
- Ensure supplies are properly monitored and stocked
- Advises supervisors of any malfunctioning equipment
- Sweeps and mops kitchen area floor as assigned
- Takes out trash and steam cleans trash cans
- Cleans sprinkler heads within department
- Washes walls, ceilings and performs other heavy cleaning duties
- Knows and follows all safety policies and procedures especially for operation of dietary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or education equivalent preferred, but not required; previous related experience or training preferred, but not essential; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Heinzerling Community is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under law.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.