Technical Business Analyst/Java Developer - Trading
Posted on Jul 28, 2020 by Experis AG
Technical Business Analyst/Java Developer (Trading)
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services range from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing and placing specialised professional talent.
On behalf of our client, a leading financial institution in Zürich, we are looking for a Technical Business Analyst with a good understanding and exposure to Java technologies.
Overview of the project:
- This is an exciting new project within Global Markets that will take core applications and transform them towards a new target application architecture.
- Technical Business Analysis to support delivery of our strategic Micro-Services based Trading platform
- Technical Grooming of JIRA User Stories to support the Scrum team, including creation of technical specifications, definition and maintenance of data models and UML documentation
- Working closely with the Domain Architect for architecture alignment, analysis of existing Java code, development of prototypes, and ensuring coverage of both functional and non-functional requirements
- Potential to do some development of REST-based micro-services, using Java and the latest DevOps/CI-CD tooling
- Supporting the Requirements Engineering process, to elicit and document requirements in an appropriate form that can support both the development as well as full automation testing of the platform services
- Support the Product Owner with Backlog Refinement, prioritization, and demos
- Challenge existing assumptions, approaches and design through industry best practice experience in the area of order management and execution
- Provide best practice in business value delivery strategies, requirements gathering techniques, and user acceptance techniques to various groups within our department
- Over 7 years of experience in an IT delivery organization, either as a Developer, Architect or Technical Business Analyst
- Ability to analyze Java code, and ideally be able to contribute to delivery
- You have a natural ability to analyze complex problems and identify potential solution options. Your experience and knowledge of the industry helps you to quickly make solution recommendations backed up with clear arguments.
- You are able to translate business needs to clear technical requirements and to communicate technical concepts to both IT and business users
- You are comfortable with creating agile epics and stories and maintaining a backlog with high quality stories and acceptance criteria, through regular grooming.
- You are a proven communicator ensuring clarity of requirements to members of the team and other stakeholders. (English a must - German would be a plus)
- You are agile-minded and ideally a follower of Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- You have significant experience in Financial Instruments (Listed Securities, ETD (Options and Futures)
- You have a good understanding of Execution workflows, including high-touch order handling use-cases, and considerations that improve STP rates
- You understand the order life cycle of Financial Instruments from an order management and execution perspective (Primary and Secondary Market)
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However should you have any questions please contact Jane Leese by phone.