Business Development Manager
Posted on Jul 28, 2020 by HEPCO INC.
HEPCO Inc., is an engineering, IT, and telecom staffing company that for more than 47 years has been providing highly skilled consultants to clients throughout the United States. HEPCO's clients represent various industries, including aerospace, defense, transportation, as well as power and energy.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will act as the front of the company in customer engagements, expand our customer base, and will develop and apply an effective Business Development strategy. The BDM's main objective is to drive sustainable financial growth by forging strong relationships and thereby increasing sales with our customers. The BDM will educate customers about HEPCO's recruiting and staffing services as well as match customer needs with Company's unique capabilities to increase business volume. The BDM will uncover opportunities in new or existing programs, contacting potential customers directly, and respond to customer needs, ultimately working with our recruiting team to close new business. The successful BDM candidate will report to the chief operating officer.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in marketing, engineering, or business.
- 5+ years' proven working experience in business development and management in the staffing industry, experience with defense or IT or engineering a plus
- Proven track record of business development strategies focused on growth of the customer base, program wins and customer satisfaction
- Strong sales process experience with an innate drive to succeed and take initiative
- Strong organizational talents and ability to work under pressure and in new environments
- Exemplary verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as any and all outside agents, including but not limited to; vendors, suppliers, customers, potential job candidates, etc.
- Highly computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, CRM software (JobDiva a plus), etc.
Essential or Primary/Key Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of a business opportunity pipeline/funnel, organized by life cycle from identification to closure, include action tracking, contacts, and other pertinent details
- Arranging business development meetings with prospective customers
- Provide leadership and identify opportunities, act as capture manager if necessary, for pursuit of opportunities that would provide significant opportunity for growth and diversification of the Company and execute on the business development strategy
- Research military and commercial aerospace industry and customer trends, leading to new opportunities
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner with content that directly meets the customers' need
- Identifying and mapping of Company business development strengths with customer needs
- Solicit feedback and request debriefs after customer award decisions
- Bring initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with individuals, both internal and external to the Company organization (as required)
- Continue work seamlessly while travelling on company business (ie conduct work using mobile devices, from hotels, while at trade shows, and/or across varying time zones when necessary)
- Foster a positive and cooperative work environment through effective communication at all levels internal and external to the organization
- Lead, and/or actively participate in team meetings, improvement initiatives/programs, etc. to provide constructive recommendations and initiate actions to support company initiatives/goals
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.