Sterling OMS Support Engineer
Posted on Jul 28, 2020 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
As a Sterling Order Management Support Engineer, you are responsible for configuring, monitoring and maintaining IBM Sterling OMS. This position will participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of the application deployed at the client site. As a member working in a team environment you will work with solution architects and developers on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.
- Serve as a technical lead and mentor. Provide technical support and leadership in the development and continual improvement of service.
- Keep operations team updated and provide support for day to day operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues impacting the Sally Beauty OMS application
- Provide documentation about application configuration
- Monitor and maintain the OMS application and related systems to achieve optimal reliability and operational efficiency
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Sterling Order Management (SOM/OMS) software application
- Comprehensive knowledge of suite of component applications such as WebSphere Application Server (WAS), WebSphere Commerce Server (WCS), IBM Integration Bus (IIB), IBM MQ, and IBM Master Data Management (MDM) systems.
- Experience with JAVA, J2EE, Web Services (Rest, SOAP)
- Possess an understanding of order and fulfillment processes, product catalog management, order tracking, reverse auction, and request for quote functions.
- Experience in writing SQL query, preferably on IBM DB2 database and IBM DB Client console
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major.
- Candidates with a Certification in IBM Sterling Order Management are preferred.