Application Developer (Java/ETL)
Posted on Jul 28, 2020 by J & C Associates Ltd
We are IT Recruitment Specialists partnered with a Global Consultancy who require a Application Developer (Java/ETL). This will be a long term contract based in Brussels
Location: Brussels, BE (can work remotely until the situation settles down)
Duration: Long-term Contract
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks.
- Review, re-architecture and design the Extract- Transform- Load Parts of existing systems.
- For this purpose the Consultant will design and develop modules allowing:
- To Input and upload data manually through graphical web front ends.
- To extract data from different sources, including sources external to the Client, by applying various filters.
- Transform data by validating against reference data, applying business rules, checking for data integrity, creating aggregates.
- To Load data through pipelines and streams.
- Monitor the whole ETL process with scheduling, parameters, notifications/alerts and audit reports.
- Master Degree in IT or related field with a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience in IT.
- At least 9 years in the architecture, design and development of Java applications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on the following:
- An experience with Data Warehousing or Data Analytics will be considered and/or with Data warehousing projects is required.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is a must have.
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English is required. The Consultant should ideally speak French as well.