Trading Infrastructure Lead
Posted on Jul 28, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client, energy company, we are looking for a Trading Infrastructure Lead for a 6 months project (wxtention planned) in Zug (remote work)
Position: Trading Infrastructure Lead
Starting date: Immediate
- Operational Oversight:
- Setup Production environment & interface monitoring (applications monitoring is not included.
- Order new Licenses, monitor & manage use of existing across all applications.
- Co-ordinate patching to avoid interruption to Trading hours.
- Ensure suppliers & internal teams are held to account for quality of service.
- Co-ordinate Infrastructure-related activities in relation to Group Security. eg impact of email filtering changes on critical trading alerts.
- Interface to the release management process to ensure infrastructure co-ordination. eg avoid conflicts between application release & patching weekends.
- Manage Change:
- Lead "ETRM Infrastructure Stabilisation" project - reach a steady state as agreed with stakeholders. ETRM Stabilisation covers all production use applications (Endur, Entrader, Methane, Karma, CMDP, EDM, REC-ENG etc)
- Correct current Licensing where applicable - joiner/leaver process interface.
- Monitor and control the use of all non-prod environments in co-ordination with project managers and IT leads.
- Handle all New & Enhancement Infrastructure requests impacting the landscape.
- Manage Process: IT Operating Model subset
- Identify and document Infrastructure-related processes: (EPM)
- eg New Infrastructure Ordering - via Group IT
- eg Infra decommissio
- Review and present process status (LVL3 EPM) in context of the maturity required to reach strategic objectives
- Strategic Responsibilities:
- Manage Infrastructure budget to deliver the 3 domains as above which includes 1) current suppliers, 2) future services and the recruitment of external support as well as 3) ongoing and new projects.
- Source and optimise a 3rd party supplier eco-system tightly integrated to our internal teams.
- Continuous assessment of the AS-IS situation and updates of the TO -BE plan relative to Business Strategy and Technology direction ie relevance of/migration to Cloud/Hybrid Infrastructure.
- Define and maintain relevant definitions of quality required for ETRM business.
- Set out and communicate roadmap for achieving Environment Mgmt. best practice and reaching higher levels of maturity across infrastructure support processes.
- Extensive prior relevant experience
- Experience in leading operational processes, change and improvement, delivering infrastructure technologies products and services
- Exposure in European energy/commodity trading environment preferred
- Experience developing projects for the identification of best practices (Infrastructure design and architecture, design of metrics, analytical tools, benchmarking activities and related reporting)
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication with ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Proven analytical, diagnostic and multitasking skills with focus on execution and attention to detail
- Experience in creating Business case and Benefits Realisation
- Demonstrated ability to both work independently and partner with virtual teams in a high-pressure Matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of various parts of a project/initiative with tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectation/requirements
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent level of English with additional good understanding of German is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful