IBM i Series Systems Administrator
Posted on Jul 27, 2020 by CRL
IBM System i/Power i/IBM i/i Series Systems Administrator
Responsible for the resolving Technical incidents/performing changes and to ensure provision of remote support/management of Power-i (IBMi,System i, iSeries) systems.
You will need to have previous experience in a technical support role primarily focused on Power I and preferably previous experience in a service provider or managed services environment
High level technical capability on Power i (i Series AS400) essential working in at enterprise-level.
- Managing and maintaining the remote monitoring systems (Help Systems Halcyon Enterprise) for onsite and cloud-based platforms. This includes automated script development and monitoring.
- Being proactive with customers, providing telephone and remote assistance to ensure that customer systems and the Enterprise Cloud for IBM Power i are fully optimised.
- Recording incidents that are either reported by the customer or alerted by the systems and managing the incidents to a close'.
- Being 1st response technical support for IBM i Managed Services customers.
- Managing key customer processes including Backup services, storage management, HA processes and DR invocation processes.
- Working closely with other Power i Team members to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Ensuring documentation is current and up to date.
- Producing relevant and high-quality data for customer management reports.
Key Skills Required
- IBM i OS, (i-Series IBMi Power I AS400) BRMS, Work Management, Performance Management
- Preferred - SQL, CL, iDR, SSL, Key Management, Power VM and V7K virtualisation, Halcyon
- Skilled in solving technically challenging problems involving Power i based application and hardware issues.
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail, must be able to write clear and understandable procedures.
CRL operates as an employment agency and employment business.