Java Developer - Full Stack
Posted on Jul 23, 2020 by Sharma Consulting Services Limited
A large multinational global player requires a skilled Full Stack Java Developer to join their team in London.
We are looking for a talented and experienced developer who is technically passionate, solution-focused and able to design, develop, test and maintain high-quality software. You will be working with one of our client - top tier investment bank to develop and manage their Pricing Architecture platform consisting of 6 service-oriented components that will enable the Real Time and portfolio calculation of financial risk metrics and simulations which are driven by ECB regulations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Understand the requirements; designing, developing and delivering robust, high performance and scalable software solutions.
- Work with Java 8 and all its features.
- Work with Spring Boot and other Spring modules (web, data, security, batch) or any other dependency injection framework.
- Work with (and configure) Distributed databases based on Apache Ignite.
- Interact with Bigdata, micro services and have a strong focus on performance and Real Time analytics.
- Design and develop various database queries, scripts and tables to pull, clean, arrange and persist risk management data.
- Own delivery and take responsibility of milestones.
- Have a BDD approach ( Cucumber), as well as design and develop automated unit, integration and regression tests.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Cybernetics, Software Engineering, Financial Engineering or equivalent.
Key Skill and Experience Requirements:
Must Have: Minimum 3+ years' experience in JAVA and OOPS development and Maximum of 8 years.
Must Have: Understanding of derivative products.
Nice to Have: Investment Banking experience.
- Front Office investment banking experience is highly beneficial.
- Well versed with Unit and functional test automation and delivery.
- Well versed in Databases including BIG DATA Hadoop.
- Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, Fortify, Git, Jenkins, Maven.
- Experience in SQL and relational modelling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Good analytical skills and excellent problem solver.
- Ability to work with colleagues across global locations.
- Experience on participating in end-to-end development life cycle in a rigorous test driven software development environment.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and deliver accurate results quickly.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Follows clean code principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Team Work and Flexibility
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Effective decision Making
- Collaborating and Partnering
Location: London, United Kingdom.
- Please don't apply if you don't have prior experience of working for a Tier-1 bank or a Financial Services institution.