Business Analyst (IT, Digital)
Posted on Jul 22, 2020 by Resource Solutions - GSC
IT Business Analyst
6 month initial contract
Large Insurance organisation
Our client is looking for an experienced IT Business Analyst to join their team based in Shannon on a 6 month initial contract position based in Shannon, Ireland.
This role provides an opportunity to work with business representatives and IT technicians to on-board new applications to CLP IT and to progress our Agile/DevOps mission, working with cross functional teams in multiple locations.
- Determine needs and the highest level of system requirements of users, Technical Management and other stakeholders by liaising directly with requestors/process owners in order to translate and prioritize requirements for Application functional enhancements and Challenge business requests to ensure relevance to business objectives and priorities.
- Negotiate and agree scope and time scales with the business users and IT to achieve best possible match between operational needs and IT capability and take end to end ownership of this delivery.
- Translates high-level business requirements into detailed requirements and detailed functional specifications and specify components of solutions to support the delivery of user requirements right first time.
- Complete required documentation to highest standard and in line with complete Change/Project process. Responsible for maintaining documentation current and up to date. Document changes to systems and produce documentation for new solutions.
- Manages requests for changes to these specifications through formal change control
- Assist the business in determining which business requirements can and should be automated and how they are then integrated with other business and technical processes
- Provide support for the implementation of new/changed systems to ensure outputs are delivered to time and quality
- Investigate and resolve user problems channelled via Helpdesk or equivalent in order to minimise disruption to Business activity.
- Facilitates the Application Change Planning & Service Planning Process
- Complete required documentation to highest standard and in line with complete Change/Project process
- 7+years experience in an IT business analyst role
- Broad understanding of business, business technology and business applications
- Agile experience
- Digital Experience
- 3rd level qualification in relevant discipline such as Computer Science or Information Technology
- Knowledge of insurance business model and processes
- Project Management experience or a minimum of awareness of Project Management methodologies
- Previous experience with facilitation and leading cross functional review meetings.
- Considerable experience in business analysis in a financial services environment
- Good knowledge of insurance business model and processes
- Oracle SQL experience
- Database query and reporting tools
- Knowledge and understanding of key TIA reports and processes