Division Director, Planning & Development
Posted on Jul 22, 2020 by The Royak Group Inc.
Would you like to work in a leading jurisdiction tasked with planning growth and development in the South East? Client is a large, fast growing and sophisticated jurisdiction with bold planning ideas that are being implemented in an area with a population of 930,000. You will be involved in plans and projects as they are advanced while supervising a staff of professionals involved in all aspects of planning, zoning and data collection. Client promotes and enhances the quality of life of residents, visitors, property owners and the success of businesses and accomplishes its mission through programs and services that encourage high quality development as well as maintenance and revitalization of existing communities.
The Division Director is responsible for leading the Planning Division which includes overseeing three functional areas: Current Planning (Zoning Administration), Long Range Planning and Planning Data Services (GIS). The Division Director will work with the Department Director and Deputy Director developing innovative ideas and long range visions as well as proactive styles of new planning, research and analysis. This position provides managerial and supervisory support, staff evaluation, and budget preparation for the division.
- Bachelor's Degree in City Planning, Political Science, Public Administration, Geography, or a closely related field (Master's Degree preferred).
- 9+ years of progressively responsible planning experience including two years of supervisory experience.
- Health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- Holidays: 12 holidays per year
- Annual leave (vacation): 13 day accrual per year
- Sick leave: 13 day accrual per year
Retirement Benefits include:
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan. An employee is fully vested in 5 years and can retire if he/she has reached the age of 55 and the sum of his/her age and years of service equals 65.
- Employees can choose a contribution rate of 2.5%,5.0% or 7.5%
- Client will contribute 7.0% of your pensionable earnings per pay period.
- Deferred Compensation Plan:
If you contribute at least 2.5% of your base pay to the 457(b) plan, client will contribute an additional 1% to your Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (this is in addition to the 7% described above).
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- HSA/HRA available
- Basic, Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-site Medical Wellness Center
- Immunizations (Flu Shots, Tetanus, etc.)
- Wellness Incentive Programs
- Annual Wellness Fair
- Financial Education Programs
- Funeral Leave
- Longevity Pay after 3 years (full-time status)
- Tuition Reimbursement after 2 years (full-time status)
- Employee assistance program
- Uniforms and equipment furnished
- Employee discount programs