Application Support - Dublin
Posted on Jul 22, 2020 by Caspian One Ltd
I currently have an exciting opportunity with an excellent Investment Bank based in Dublin. They are looking for someone to join their Application Support team. The ideal candidate will have experience with Unix and SQL with a dose of financial business knowledge for good measure. You will also be responsible for supporting multi-asset classes across the business.
If you are looking for the chance to work with a passionate and tech driven team than this is the opportunity for you.
- Incident management - Break fix for the supported set of applications
- Implement application releases
- Support infrastructure related changes -coordinating changes
- Provide support on rotation including weekends.
- Contribute towards knowledgebase
- Seek improvements in the environment - automation, rationalise estate and processes.
- Ensuring applications adhere to corporate controls
Skills must include:
- Application support experience with a business-critical system
- Strong UNIX skills
- Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL server database querying
- Messaging technologies (JMS, Solace) desirable
- Have Knowledge/experience in XML/FPML
- Solid infrastructure understanding
- Ability to priorities issues and work well in global teams
- Be able to asses and manage risks
- Good verbal and written communications
- Able to learn wide range of technologies and business applications
- Automate manual tasks
- Troubleshooting skills