Posted on Jul 21, 2020 by Edissero Ltd
Technical Author - Leicestershire & Remote Working
Initial nine month fixed-term contract with the possibility of converting to a permanent role.
A great opportunity has arisen to join our client, a leader in machining technology, in a varied, autonomous technical author role. Working within the engineering department as the sole technical author for the business, you will be responsible for producing, editing and updating a mixture of hardware and software documentation for a range of CNC machines and associated ancillary equipment and tooling.
Initially remote working, there is the opportunity to continue to work one or two days per week from home if you wish once onsite working is resumed.
- Writing and updating mainly operator and maintenance manuals, with some CNC programmer manual updates.
- Photographing machines and producing technical illustrations.
- Compiling mechanical and electrical drawing packs.
- Compiling 3rd party documentation packs.
- Continuously developing and improving final documentation and the documentation production process.
- Maintaining both electronic and hard copy filing systems for all documentation.
- Managing foreign language translation projects.
- You'll have good experience writing hardware and software documentation, and ideally have an engineering background.
- An enthusiastic, experienced, self-sufficient technical author who understands what's needed to make consistently good quality documentation.
- Adobe InDesign skills would be a plus.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and develop strong relationships with other team members is critical in this collaborative role.
- A confident, curious, self-starter with very good people skills.
- Experience using the following software would be useful: Vector Drawing/Photo Manipulation Software, Autodesk Inventor or other CAD packages.
- Experience with CNC machines or robots would be an advantage.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £35k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£500 - £600 Daily
£40k - £45k Annual
£45k - £45k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual