Big Data Lead - Belgium
Posted on Jul 21, 2020 by eTeam Inc.
Mechelen, Antwerpen, Belgium
Job Title: Big Data Lead
Location: Mechelen, Belgium
Duration: 9months + Contract
Exp. - 5+ Years
Relevant Exp. - 5+ Years
- Proficient in requirement gathering, analysis, HLD, DLD and e2e ownership for Big Data projects with expertise in Scala, Spark and Kafka
- Responsible for collecting, analysing and storing large data sets through state-of-the-art big data capabilities and technologies.
- Drive, guide strategic decision-making and make a difference in customer's entertainment, communication and future digital experiences, and drive new business development.
- Must be able to lead large projects, take decisions and solve problems independently within budget of a project and take end to end ownership
- Work closely together with Big Data architecture to set strategic direction for client's big data landscape.
- Besides the professional qualifications of the candidates we place great importance in addition to various forms personality profile. These include:
- High analytical skills
- A high degree of initiative and flexibility
- High customer orientation
- High quality awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Big Data Technology: Constantly maintain an overview of the Big Data landscape, allowing yourself to advise on new technologies where needed. We need someone who has in depth expertise with regards to Scala, Spark, Structured Streaming and Kafka Streams.
- Clear Communication: Effectively and diplomatically communicate ideas to your target audience, ie from architect to C-level executive.
- Pragmatic: Pragmatic in your approach. Use the right techniques to provide the needed quality and detail while avoiding complex solutions.
- Project management: Must be able to manage large projects autonomously and monitor scope, time, quality and budget at all times. Can take decisions and solve problems independently within budget of a project and take end to end ownership.
- Team player: Should put the team's objectives above yours and take the initiative to get things done without waiting to be asked.
- Agile: Have experience with agile ways of working and can take the lead in a project based on Kanban principles.
- Coaching: Easily share your knowledge with other team members and can take up a coaching role when necessary.