Posted on Jul 21, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
My client is a leading Swiss bank with enviable reputation and is looking to gire a senior Linux/DevOps Engineer to be based in Zurich for a 12 month assignment.
As a member of the Linux Application Platform Engineering Team, you are re-responsible for the engineering and operation of the Application Platform (Java EE and web infrastructure).
- Supporting projects in integrating their applications
- Supporting and advising software engineering teams on the Linux platform
- Further development and life cycle management of the Linux platform
- Engineering and integration of tools as well as standardization and automation and application deployment (CD)
Requirements (content, methodology):
- Completed higher education in computer science (TS, FH)
- Professional experience in systems engineering and concept development in the area of Linux and also Middleware/Application Server
- You have a DevOps mentality
- Quality-oriented, curious, flexible and team-oriented personality with a networked and analytical mindset
- Willingness for Occasional on-call and working outside normal working hours (evening, weekend)
- stylish German and good knowledge of English
Requirements (technology eg Java, Linux etc.):
- Sound knowledge of/in - Linux/RHEL - Bash, Ansible, Git - Network, DNS, Loadbalancer, TLS/X.509
- Experience in the integration of software and the operation of application platforms and systems
- Good knowledge of automated CI/CD Pipelines and their tools - Experience in the following areas is an advantage: - Web and Application Server
- Developer knowledge in Java and Python
- Methods of software development
- Cloud or cloud technology
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.