IT System Administrator (Vmware/HP, Windows server) CONTRACT - Dublin
Posted on Jul 20, 2020 by Click
We are recruiting for a System Administrator based in Dublin on long term contract to plan, implement, oversee and maintain the server and storage infrastructures for our client.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- To administer internal and customer facing Servers, network devices and Firewalls.
- To proactively manage and monitor server, storage and network (HP DL368 & DL380 Simplivity)
- To administer and support core HPE OneView and VMware technologies
- To update implemented contingency plans
- Manage the monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment
- To ensure project documented best practices and support procedures are adhered to and kept in line with customers procedures
- To assist with hardware and software cross training of customer team members on existing and new technologies
- To carry out special tasks at Management's direction
- To interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science (or related areas) preferred
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2003/2008) & VMware V-Center
- To manage in excess of 50 Windows Server infrastructure
- Involvement of deployments/rollouts on the infrastructure
- To manage server virtualisation technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Group Policy design and configuration. Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration experience