Windows System Engineer/Cloud Migration
Posted on Jul 17, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a Windows System Engineer Cloud Migration Consultant to move client to Azure Cloud.
Perform on-site datacenter to Microsoft Azure migration. Troubleshoot, install, upgrade, and/or maintains Windows server environment to support Windows server roles and features. Design/perform Windows Server migrations and IP Addressing changes within the operating system. Define configuration specifications for new systems given application, business, and technical requirements. Utilize problem management techniques to perform root cause analysis of system failures and implement corrective actions. The ability to serve as coach, mentor, and advisor to department team members, upper management, and act as a liaison to other departments.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years working in an IT department.
- Microsoft MCSA and MCSE certifications for Windows Server, Cloud Platform and Infrastructure is preferred.
- Extensive experience deploying Servers in Microsoft Azure
- Extensive experience configuration Microsoft Azure Portal
- Deep PowerShell and PowerCLI Scripting knowledge required.
- 5+ years' experience managing and supporting VMware vSphere
- 5+ years' experience managing and supporting Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Ability to work independently and complete medium sized projects with minimal supervision.
- Able to understand Information System strategy and how it supports the business strategy.
- Competent in the use of industry standard Project Management Methodologies and tools.
Required support experience and/or current working knowledge in the following areas depending on assigned IT Server Virtualization work:
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Microsoft PowerShell and VMware PowerCLI
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems support, builds, and migrations.
- Microsoft Server role configuration and support - Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, WINS, ADFS, Certificate Services, and IIS.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- VMware vSphere Enterprise
- Load Balancers - Adding/Removing Servers
- Firewalls - Modify, Add
- Exchange security - Blocking malicious email addresses and domains to our security solution. Whitelisting addresses/domains.
- Exchange patching
- Exchange User management
- Active Directory GPO/OU Management & creation
- VMWare ESX/vCenter
- SCCM/Powershell Server Deployments
- General SCCM and SCOM management and use.
- Server Decommissions
- Writing PowerShell scripts to automate workload
- Writing and Maintaining documentation
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".